Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Curves Along the Way

The staircase at the Cincinnati Club is this wonderfully long winding path to the second level. I love the leading lines this staircase contributes to this image as well as today's opening image. Again, lighting was totally simplistic and very easy - in both cases, I simply bounced my off-camera flash - in this case, my Quantum T5d off the nearby wall. Bouncing off the wall does two things - it creates a very broad light and soft light source, depending on it's distance to the wall, but more importantly, it creates a beautiful direction of light on the subjects. I'll cover this some more in an upcoming "Technique Tuesday". In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the images.

1 comment:

  1. David, you mean in this picture the bounced flash is the only significant light source? No ambient light? It's amazing how well you controlled the direction, and seemingly the size of light too!

    ReplyDelete