Friday, November 23, 2007

Some "Film News" on DigitalProTalk!

For all the film shooters out there, there is a well done article on Kodak's P3200 T-max film over at Photo-Utopia. This is a great site, by the way, for the analogue shooter out there. (I love that term) Mr. Smith goes into quite a bit of detail about film speed ratings and developer recommendations.

Back in my film days, one of my favorite film developer combinations was Kodak Tri-X film processed in Ewal's FG-7 developer mixed with a 9% sodium Sulfite solution. This was the best combo I had ever found for high speed film shooting with the finest grain - nothing touched it in my opinion. Hey, you can still get it over at Adorama for only $12.95 a gallon. At the time, Accufine was the de-facto standard for getting the highest speed out of your good old Tri-X, but still couldn't touch my FG7 soup. DiaFine was another product by the same manufacturer, purportedly giving you the ability to get that good old Tri-X up to ISO 3200 - I never had much luck with it - too grainy for me (and we never had an analogue "Noise Ninja" to handle the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment