Monday, December 03, 2007

"Inspiration"
© David A. Ziser
I made this image while we were driving to the airport this past Saturday morning on our way home from Cabo San Lucas. It was raining the day before - quite an oddity for this time of year in Cabo, and continued throughout the night. That morning the clouds started to clear and we were presented with this wonderful display of God's light. LaDawn and I call this a "drive by shooting" as we fly along the road and I'm photographing out the window. The foreground usually blurs, but in this case, we went over a small rise that put most of the foreground out of the image area and gave me a clear view of the clouds and sun rays. Camera specs: Canon 40D with 17- 85mm IS lens at 59mm; F18 @ 1/640 second at ISO 400. Enjoy! --David

2 comments:

  1. For several weeks, I have been a lurker, but I couldn't resist responding to this post. A while back, I began to call my down-and-dirty-shooting-while-on-the-move style, "drive-by photography". I learned, early in our travels, that if I indulged all my impulses to call out, "pull over, pull over for this one", we would never get anywhere. Therefore, when we travel, my husband drives, and as we hurtle along the highway, I shoot through the windshield or outside my window. There are a great number of throwaways, but a surprising number of shots that I am quite fond of. I am delighted to know that there are others who can't resist shooting, even when many think we should.
    Thank you for your incredibly generous work on this blog. I visit every day, and I am always glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete