Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Winter Wonderland Any Time of the Year

So here was the challenge - create 8 banners showing my client frolicking in a winter wonderland - in November in Cincy - no plane fare included. I knew I could pull it off, but getting a handle on the "Extract" tool in Photoshop, thanks in part to a well timed article in the latest (December) issue of Photoshop User magazine made it pretty darn easy. So in this week's "Technique Tuesday" I'll step you through the entire process right here and show you the finished result as displayed at the party. Enjoy! --David


3 comments:

  1. David,

    Just as a time-saver, something i discovered when doing white extractions for the past 3 days on a photo shoot is that you don't need to highlight the edges of the image, if you drag "off" the image at the point your extraction stops (shirt/bg/border transition) it will fill the proper area, i look at it similarly to how the lasso tool goes along a border if you drag on the outside-canvas space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David. Thanks for sharing. I hope you didn't mind, I went ahead and shared this link on ilovephotography.com. I'm sure there are other photographers out there who would appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ventured over here from ilp. That's quite a party! Thanks for the tips on the extraction tool. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete