Friday, February 22, 2008

"Pacific Beauty"

"Pacific Beauty"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image while teaching at the Golden Gate School workshop about 1988 - so only 20 years ago - practically yesterday. I think it is a beautiful image. My Hasselblad was fitted with a 30mm Distagon Fisheye lens . FYI...those things cost $6000 then and $7400 now - if you can even find it. So, how did I avoid the fisheye distortion - by keeping the horizon line "dead center" on the horizontal plane and the subjects near the middle of the scene. Back-lighting was created with a Lumadyne flash fired remotely with a radio slave - probably a DynaLite at the time. If you look closely, you may recognize Suzette Allen, as the bride. Suzette is one of the finest Photoshop teachers teaching today. Camera specs to the best of my recollection; Hasselblad fitted with 30mm Distagon fisheye lens, F8 @ 1/500 second, Koday Vericolor 400 film. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment