Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Select Me, Select Me - Or How To Use The Quick Selection Tool

I always think one of the trickiest things to do in Photoshop is pulling a person out of the background to eventually add to another scene. I did three posts here on DigitalProTalk recently discussing that very topic. Here are the links to those Photoshop tutorials articles; Designer Portraiture or How to Fool Mother Nature and Winter Wonderland Any Time of the Year.

OK, I thought those posts were pretty darn good, but I just ran across this tutorial last Friday over at Layers Magazine which I thought was very good on how to use the "Quick Selection" tool to get a really great result too. What I really liked about the tutorial was how Chris Alvanas educated the "Quick Select" tool. He "educated" it to not pick up other parts of the image he wanted to avoid selecting. This is an excellent tutorial and well worth the look. It is part 1 of 2 - I hope Part 2 posts next week - I can't wait to see the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment