Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome Back Wednesday Afternoon

We just returned from a very fascinating tour of the US Naval Academy here in Annapolis. In addition to learning a lot about the history of the Academy, there was a lot to be learned about running a business too. You will see what I mean tomorrow on Business Day Thursday - it will be a good read. Also, Mea Culpa's for not listing the Photoshop plug-in links I mentioned in my video tutorial in my Technique Tuesday post "Man About Town - Off Camera Flash, Lightroom, Photoshop, & Viveza." Hit the article link and you will find them at the bottom of the post.

Anyway, back to today's ever-on-going post. But first I have to tell you about one off the highlights of our trip to the Baltimore area.

Before we headed here, I emailed uber-blogger Mr. David Hobby - aka "The Strobist" - and asked if we might get together for lunch. I read somewhere in his blog that he was from the Baltimore area. He was very gracious to oblige. And, I have to say, we had a great visit. Not only is he one really nice guy, but also super sharp when its comes to knowing the blog/web stuff. I felt like I was a little league player talking to the great Babe Ruth.

He has a lot of things cookin' on his front burner, but he'll tell you about them over at the Strobist. I will tell you though, he has been playing with the Nikon D700 (review waiting in the wings?) and just posted the very first review of Nikon's new SB-900 strobe - here is the link. Hey David, thanks again for the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment