Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"Shadow Play"

"Shadow Play"
© David A. Ziser

I set this shot up just for fun at this past Saturday's wedding. I really liked the long shadows the chair was throwing on the foreground and thought I could make it work in my composition. I just brought in another chair, asked my bride to prop her feet on the other chair and shot away. Of course the real challenge was that bright sun. I brought my Quantum in as close as possible without taking a picture of it and set it to full power. That gave me the lighting on my bride. Controlling the F-stop and shutter speed did the rest. Just having fun. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22m lens at 10mm, F 22 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. That shot is great!
    Looks like she's in the last part of the shot that the quantum illuminates (since the native sync speed is 250).
    Your cheating flash!

    ReplyDelete