Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Subtle Beauty"

"Subtle Beauty"
© David A. Ziser

This image was originally part of a series where I was exploring very shallow depth of field portrait technique. This image is a simple window light portrait with the camera focused on the bouquet. With my wide open aperture, only parts of the flowers were in focus with the bride being completely out of focus. This was not a bad thing. As I experimented with different options, I ended up with this result - lighting de-saturating all parts of the image and adding the noise to the image almost disguising it's softness, but still hinting at it gave me a result that I enjoyed very much. Camera specs; Canon 20D fitted with a 50mm F1.4 lens, F1.4 @ 1/100 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely image. The tone, the grain and the DOF just working perfectly in this photo.

    Well done.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice picture. Is there anyway to get the same or similar result with Lightroom pre-sets?

    Tnx.

    www.jfreytes.com

    ReplyDelete