Thursday, January 01, 2009

"Happy New Year"

"Happy New Year"
©David A. Ziser

Well, the fact of the matter is -this image was not captured last night, New Years Eve, but on a 4th of July weekend. I still thought the fireworks look of this image represented the New Year's celebration too. This image is actually from the same wedding as the outdoor image I posted a few days ago. The couple wanted me to try to capture them among the wonderful Cincinnati firework display. Well, I did, but with the help of iStockPhoto and Photoshop. I had to get them properly exposed with the city lights in the background which was the easy part. I then found these great fireworks shots on-line and dropped them in. The client loved the result. So even though it's a 4th of July image - Happy New Year!!! to everybody. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 50mm, F4.5 @ 1/12 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. David,

    I loved the Happy New Year picture. How did you drop in the fireworks?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great photo, David. I am interested to see that even a master like you couldn't capture all those things going on at once! It gives confidence to us out there aspiring to your level of talent. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, their faces look a little dark. Was this done for a reason? I love this location. Here is a link to wedding from the same location at Drees Pavilion last year.

    http://www.maximphotostudio.net/life/789/caitlin-and-lances-wedding-at-drees-pavilion-september-21-2008/

    ReplyDelete