Monday, April 13, 2009

"Arizona Vistas"

"Arizona Vistas"
©David A. Ziser

Since we are spending time in the Southwest this week, I thought I would post a few images from the Sedona area. It was kind of fun revisiting these images again for the posts this week. I hope you enjoy them. This image was taken downstream of Cathedral Rock. It was taken in the late afternoon/early evening. The light was beautiful. The blue sky and white clouds reflecting in the calm waters added the azure peacefulness to the scene. My low vantage point accentuated the stream foreground and contrasted beautifully with the red rocks in the background. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 12-24mm Sigma lens at 12mm, F9.0 @ 1/125 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I can't wait to see you tonight at Digital Wake up Call!

    --sandi miller
    Queen Creek, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! I cant make it tonight, but will probably head down to Tucson for tomorrow's Wake up Call.

    If you head East from Phoenix instead of North to Sedona, you can head into the Superstition Mountains which are beautiful: http://photos.flowingdesert.com/photos/481532622_i9Z9k-M.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much enjoyed Digital Wake up Call last night here in Phoenix. I'm suffering with a information hangover today. I'm sure I'll recover soon.
    I must have missed how you deal with noise shooting at high ISO's. If you could cover that again sometime I would appreciate it.

    Mike
    Queen Creek, AZ

    ReplyDelete