Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"Haystack"

"Haystack"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image a few years ago while visiting the great Northwest. One of my favorite places to visit in this part of the country is Haystack Rock. The scenery around the area is just magnificent. I love this image of the very large Haystack Rock set against the fog of the late morning. There is an eerie beauty to the shot that evokes majesty, mystery, and beauty. I converted the image to B&W and tweaked the tonalities slightly in Photoshop to get to the finished result. It's still one of my favorites. Camera specs; Canon 20D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens at 28mm F11 @ 1/250 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Leslie Clement2:32 PM, May 05, 2009

    I've seen tons of shots of Haystack Rock and I must say that your b&w version is one of my favorites. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photography is beautiful. I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed the program last night at the Bellevue Hilton! I am very excited to go over all the notes and put them to use!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete