Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Lake Light"

0006-lake Post-0413-DZ_IMG_8829

"Lake Light" 
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I produced in the shooting situation I described in today’s post below.  The lighting was pretty much "high noon" lighting with not much shade in which to pose my bride.  Add to that the fact that there were no leaves on the trees so the light was spotty everywhere. In spite of those facts, I still think we pulled off a nice shot for the client.  I love how the background scenery goes nicely out of focus.  Add the water’s surface reflecting the blue sky and we have a nice setting for our bridal portrait.  My assistant added the light from camera right and I exposed the ambient light to be about 1 1/2 stops underexposed so that the direction of light was apparent from the flash.  That added depth and dimension to the subject.  All elements came together for a very nice outdoor portrait of my bride.  Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with a Canon 70-300mm IS DO lens at 235mm, F5.6 at 1/200 second, ISO 100.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. David,

    You mentioned that you light everything from left to right but here you broke that rule here?
    Please fill me in?

    Great shot I liked how you managed to stop down 1.5 stops to make your subject pop more:)))

    Great information for sure!

    Happy turkey day?

    ReplyDelete