Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Summer Memories"

IMG_8186-Edit 1024px

"Summer Memories"
©David A. Ziser

This is an image I made at last year's Wedding Shoot out.  I thought I would post in honor of today's Photoshop World Wedding Shootout.  Heck, we are down here in Orlando, Florida and I suspect we will have the same challenges faced in Las Vegas with the bright sunlight.  That is always a problem with the Las Vegas shoot, but, you know, it's kind of fun to think the situation through and see what solutions and images you can create.  I love how this shot came out.  My off-camera flash had flashed it's last flash and the battery was dead.  What to do? Well, I still had my 36 inch reflector and figured that if I could reflect the sun's light back into my bride's face, I could still maintain a nice sense of dimension to the finished image.  My friend, Kevin Aimes was tagging along on the shoot and I ask him to hold the reflector.  The sun was so bright coming back on the bride, she had to close her eyes.  Overall, we were trying to work through a really challenging lighting situation, but I didn’t stop. I think we "landed" a really nice image out of a really bad lighting situation.  Camera specs; Canon 5DMark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 32mm, F16 @ 1/100 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. I love the lighting on this image and I guessed it was a reflector before I read the details. Now you didn't mention what color your reflector was...

    ReplyDelete