Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Autumn's Amber Glow"

Autumn's Amber Glow - 2115 "Autumn's Amber Glow"
©David A. Ziser

How about one more image from my film days. This is one my last shots on film and I still love it. I was made during one of my Master Classes about ten years ago. The beautiful autumn setting provided this wonderful surrounds for this image. I learned from Rocky Gunn, the best wedding pictorialist I had ever met, that beautiful wedding images do not necessarily need to taken on the wedding day.  Rocky met with his couples after the wedding day to create his utterly beautiful images. It's interesting to note that the popular "trash the dress" sessions some photogs are doing these days is simply an extension of what Rocky popularized 30 years ago. This image typifies the style of image that one can take when not tied to all the wedding day constraints of time, weather, and circumstances. It's fun to just go out and play.  Backlight was supplied by my LumaDyne flash at 100 w.s - that was the flash I was using at the time. I metered the scene with my light meter and underexposed the scene by 1 1/2 stops.  It's so much easier to make those adjustments digitally these day;~) Camera Specs: Hasselblad fitted with Distagon 50mm lens, F5.6 @ 1/30 second, Kodak Vericolor 800 film.

Enjoy!  -David

1 comment: