Wednesday, April 07, 2010

"High Ambitions"

High Ambitions

"High Ambitions"
©David A. Ziser

I had just connected a 2 terabyte drive to our studio network with just about all my digital images on them going back as far as 2000.  Although all the files are backed up on DVD's and hard drives elsewhere, I still like them all available on our system.  The 2T archive drive serves that purpose.  Anyway, I was "rummaging" through some of the older files and found some gems for our "Image Of The Day" posts.  This one is one of my favorites.  It was made on a trip to NYC about 6 years ago.  I just loved the composition of the image - the soaring steel and glass reaching to the clouds just made a very strong visual statement to me.  I brought the image into Photoshop for a little straightening and color/contrast enhancement.  When I checked the EXIF data for the shot, I was quite surprised to see that it was made on my little Canon ELPH S110 camera I now remember having with me on that trip. Today's image is about cool composition, not gear.  I hope you enjoy the shot.  Camera specs: Canon ELPH S110 camera at 5.4mm focal length, F7.2 @ 1/500 second, ISO unknown (I suspect about ISO 100). Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment