Friday, April 16, 2010

"True Brew"

True Brew

"True Brew"
©David A. Ziser

OK, what turns me on about this image?  For me it's all about the colors.  Our young lady's pretty smile, easy pose, and blue t-shirt against the wild mainly blue graffiti was just begging to be captured by the camera.  We were actually on vacation in NYC a few years ago and I made this image of my daughter, Elizabeth, in Brooklyn, on our way to the very famous Peter Luger Steak House.  OK, it's just a quick grab shot but I still paid attention to the composition - Elizabeth is on the second "nodal" point in my "rule of thirds" framing. I also enjoy the repeat of the blue colors of this composition accented with the red and yellow colors of the graffiti. The lighting is fairly flat but that overcast day actually added to the saturation of the hues.  Camera Specs: Canon ELPH at 5.4mm, F7.2 @ 1/160 second, ISO 400 est. Enjoy!  -David

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful image David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,

    Dr. Ziser, I love it:)

    Have fun in Mexico:)))


    Your little student that could:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes Less is more.

    This works very nicely..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, didn't even know you had a daughter! She is very pretty. Nice photo too! I have a senior photo shoot Sunday and wish we had a graffiti wall in town I could use ... but the town's too small! :-) Oh, well, maybe I'll find a nice run-down old brick wall instead. Thanks for always posting such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete