Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Heading Home"

Heading Home-IMG_9043

"Heading Home"
©David A. Ziser

I can't believe I’m posting another shot from 37,000 feet, but I kept coming back to this shot when reviewing the images I made on our trip last week.  I just love the colors and the simplicity of the composition.  It's mostly the graduation of tones that continues to intrigue me in this image.  Looking out the opposite plane window, I could see the last vestiges of the 5 mile high sunset, but on my side the subtle colors were even more beautiful.  What makes this image even more interesting is the fact that of the previous and following image in the shooting sequence, this is the only image in which the plane's wing caught just a glimpse of the light on the wingtip, kind of cool. The image was not overly processed in Lightroom other than a slight Vibrancy tweak and just a little push in the Purple channel. It's always amazing to me how varied the views are from the window seat of a plane. Never book the aisle seat for me. Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 20mm, F3.5 @ 1/30 second, ISO 250.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Ah...I was in your neck of the woods today. Passed Chez Nora and almost talked the wife and son into a quick meal as we headed to Devou Park. Hope you had a great trip...BTW love the blues in this pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    Funny you should say that, I was flying today and was in row 19 and it had a nice wing view.

    When is the spring master class kicking off again?

    See ya,

    ReplyDelete