Friday, April 09, 2010

"The Man Of The Hour"

Man Of Hour 2- IMG_5676

"The Man Of The Hour"
©David A. Ziser

The image was made during yesterday's "Temple shoot."  I had used the balcony location previously for a portrait of the head Rabbi about a month ago [link].  I wanted to do something different from what I had done for Will's sisters at their Bat Mitzvahs, so we headed for the balcony. Look how the wide angle lens really accentuated the leading lines of the architectural elements in the sanctuary.  The row of ceiling lights, columns and column lights, and the brass railing all provide “directional pointers” that lead the viewer directly to our subject. The balcony vantage point worked beautifully for this visual effect placing nearly the entire sanctuary interior in the background of the shot.  It is quite a powerful composition both visually and symbolically for what is about to transpire for this young man in just two days.  I brought the light in from camera right, you guessed it - shooting through my Zumbrella.  The Quantum T5d was at 1/8 power for this shot balancing perfectly with the ambient light in the background. I love how the photograph turned out - it's one of my favorites!  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 13mm, F 6.3 @ 1/15 second (handheld), ISO 800. Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot. All the elements work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Nice shot David, I like it a lot.

    Your right there is nothing that is like a dramatic portrait.

    ReplyDelete