Friday, April 30, 2010

"Showing My Sunny Disposition"

Showing My Sunny Disposition

"Showing My Sunny Disposition"
©David A. Ziser

Here is one of the images I made on Wednesday during my Master Class. We were on the the top of the pavilion at Ault Park about 4 o'clock in the afternoon on a bright sunny day - nasty conditions for wedding photography. There was barely a cloud in the sky, so what do you do to get the shot?  My quick answer is, When ever outdoors, always backlight the subject."  That way she won't be squinting into the sun.  Since her face is in shadows, I can easily bring in my off-camera flash to add the key light to her face. I like to use small F stops and fast shutter speeds to really darken the sky. This adds quite the dramatic look to the image. I love how the clouds seem to lead right to my bride. I also like how the sun gives us a little accent light to the right side of her gown. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 22mm, F 22 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200. Light coming from camera right - Quantum Trio at full power (80 w.s.) about 6 feet away. Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Great post and a simple technique that gives extraordinary results.
    all the best
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is perfect. outdoor portraits are not easy to take making them perfect due to uncontrolled conditions around. But in this photo, everything cooperates with the subject. I love how the clouds take its role..perfect! Glad to know you're using Canon 7D fitted with 10-22mm lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great solution to the squinting eye problem. I really wanted to be at that workshop. Maybe next time! Great Shot.

    ReplyDelete