Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Autumn Beauty"

Autumn Beauty

"Autumn Beauty"
©David A. Ziser

I went back into the archives for this one, but it is still one of my favorite high school senior portraits.  The weather was absolutely fabulous with the fall colors in "full bloom".  Our clothing consultation with the client resulted in a perfect blend of fall colors and wardrobe.  It still surprises me that more photographers don't take a bit more time with their clients and work with them on wardrobe suggestions to get the best photographic result.  Anyway, all the elements came together for this image.  Lighting is coming from the left from my Quantum T5d through my umbrella at 1/4 power to give that beautiful soft light on the subject's face.  Adjusting the shutter speed to balance with the background and larger aperture resulted in a beautiful image.  Camera specs:  Canon 20D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 120mm, F 3.5 @ 1/250 second,  ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. David, excellent photo! I will see you again at PSW in Vegas. I attended the New Dawn seminar in Charlotte. I am blessed to live at the foot of the Smokies for those fall colors (my favorite landscape to photograph).

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, that might be a great blog post, talking about clothing consultations. I always give my clients guidelines, but would be interested to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete