Thursday, June 03, 2010

"Sky High Blues"

Sky High Blues-IMG_1534

"Sky High Blues"
©David A. Ziser

OK, here it is - my favorite shot from our New York visit last week. I pointed the camera straight up, set the lens on the widest setting, framed up the buildings and shot away. The lines are the exciting element in this image with all lines heading skyward. I love how the light gets brighter as the eye travels up the buildings. Your eyes can’t help but be “bulls-eyed” directly to the center of this composition. The steel and glass building on the top right picks up some of the blue reflection of the sky bringing it into the same color range as the sky only slightly cooler. I did enhance the image slightly.  I used the adjustment brush in Lightroom 3 and just touched the center of the image and adjusted the exposure upward just a bit to add a very slight soft highlight to the center and near the tops of the buildings.  I think it was a nice touch and adds a slightly greater dimension to the final image.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 18mm, F 5.0 @ 1/60 second, ISO 200. Enjoy!  David

1 comment: