Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"Dancing In The Breeze"

Dancing In The Breeze-1442-DZ_Galinski W10

"Dancing In The Breeze"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made at this past weekend's wedding.  The challenge was to get some great shots of the family, wedding party, and bride and groom in about 30 minutes under fairly challenging lighting conditions.  Since all the guests were all on the other side of the building we headed to this location where the sun was quite bright in the background. Fortunately I was able to position the bride in the shadow of a tree.  I had to find just the right spot where the sun was not making its way through the leaves.  Now with the bride in the shadows, I could easily add the key light from my off-camera flash.  I chose a very low camera position to minimize the brightly lit grass in the background. Since the bride didn't want to be holding her flowers, I asked her to just grab and fluff the dress a bit. What was a fun shot still captures the classic portrait elements of S-curve, loop lighting, and softly focused background.  Not bad considering the short amount of time I had to capture the images.  Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 70-200 IS lens at 160mm, F5.6 @ 1/400 second (cheated the sync), ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment