Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Garden Party"

Garden Party2-0251_KPPA Summer Sch Z10-Edit-Edit

"Garden Party"
©David A. Ziser

I love this image.  It is featured in my Technique Tuesday tutorial today.  Photographically speaking, this is a very straight forward portrait of my bride.  It's just a simple pose of her relaxing on a small garden table in the shadowed area on the patio.  The soft natural light was coming in from high camera right.  Because of the high angle of the incoming illumination, I had the bride tilt her head slightly to the left as seen in this image.  This allowed the light to illuminate her eyes.  Tilting her head the other way would have pocketed her eyes in their eye sockets - not a good thing.  The lighting ratio - ratio of the highlight to shadow density - was perfect and I just shot away.  The large aperture separated my subject from the background lending to the beauty of this portrait.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 70-200mm lens at 110mm, F 4.0 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. The simplicity is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I love this image and the natural feeling I get from the bride.

    ReplyDelete