Monday, June 21, 2010

Quick Hit Monday: Peachpit's PhotoClub Broadcast; Learn On-Line Now; Backing Up Is Hard To Do; Hot iPhone App; and More

Good Morning Everybody,

Marriott2 We've having a great time down  in Lexington, Kentucky attending the KPPA Summer School.  We even had a nice little birthday party planned for Beth Forrester, one of our presenters on Saturday.  It’s always fun to party and have a relaxed time sharing ideas.

I'm up bright and early - a little too early for me though - for my Bridal Shoot Out session earlier this morning.  I'm looking forward to getting some great images.  Plan on seeing a few of them later this week.

Today is the last Summer School Day and then we will be heading north and back home this afternoon. I've got to get ready for my presentation/shoot so let's get on with today's Quick Hit Monday.  Here we go...

Layers TV host and Good Buddy RC Concepcion Over At Peachpit's PhotoClub Webcast Tomorrow!

Peachpit Photo Club That's right - Tomorrow!!! Layers TV host RC Concepcion will be the guest presenter for tomorrow's Peachpit Photo Club webcast on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 from 8 to 9 p.m. ET (5 to 6 p.m. PT). Here is the link to register right here.

RC will cover everything essential about getting yourself and your work on the Web. What to do, what not to do, useful techniques, how to present your work, and much more.  It's conveniently scheduled later in the day, so it should be easy to work into your schedule.  One more time, here is the link.

More Great Online Education

Manfroto And speaking of great educational resources, I just stumbled on the Manfrotto School Of Excellence right here. Folks there's lots of good info here on just about everything.  There are plenty of tutorials, webinars, and articles that will keep you busy for quite a while. Bookmark it and plan to stop back now and then. The info is solid and extensive - worth the visit.

What's Wrong with Your Outdoor Portraits

Jeff Smith Books Here is yet another link to a good article on how to make your outdoor portrait look better than ever.  The article can be found at Jeff Smith Books blog right here. This looks like a pretty good resource for the portrait and high school senior photographer.

I went cruising around Jeff's site and before long I found a link to one of his YouTube videos right here.  It's well done with just plain good down to earth info.  The bonus for hitting the video link is the fact that lots of related videos came up too.  Lots of good information and inspiration.  The visit makes for a nice rainy day browse or whenever you've got some spare time on your hands.

Best Little iPhone App Ever

Photo Business Card I think I found this little app [link] last week when I was checking a few Twitterers I follow. Anyway, it's and iPhone Business Card app and it is quite cleverly designed.  You can easily design your iPhone card, as many as you want, in only a matter of seconds.  DAZ CArd

It's easy to add photos and your contact information.  And you can easily customize background and design too.  Do you like my Cabo card? I'm really thinking quick connects at weddings and events. For $2, give it a try.

Yes, Even More Lightroom Resources For You Right Here

Lightroom 3 BoxBoy, don't you love it when a new piece of software ships.  There are so many folks out there that jump right in with lots of great info to get us out of the gate and up and running. 

Here is yet another Lightroom 3 resource link right here I thought you might find interesting.  There are several links to lots of LR3 resources.  You know, I might just take all my links I've told you guys and girls about and just add them to a convenient place here at DPT so you can always access them easily.  Sounds like a weekend project.  Stay tuned ;~)

Online Back-Up Once Again

iDrive You know, backing your data up online sure seems like a good idea to me or at the minimal at least your most important customer images.  I've just discovered yet another service that offers pretty reasonable prices for the service, but only if you don't have tons of data to back up.  The service is called iDrive and their info can be found right here.  The pricing looks good till you get up into the bigger storage amounts.

I still think one of the best deals is available thru Phanfare where they offer an all you can store price of only $199/yr.  As a working studio, Phanfare would be my first choice for online storage.  I just got a note from them too that they've just posted a plug-in for Lightroom 3. I know it says Lightroom 2 but when I called and checked, it is indeed the LR3 plug-in.

Lightroom 3's Blur Slider IS There, It’s Called A Sharpness Slider

Blur Slider2 Last Friday I posted my Wish List for Lightroom 4 [link].  One of my requests was that it have a Blur slider.  I even went to the trouble to show how it could look and everything.  Well, as one of our very astute DPT readers, Allen Gambrell, pointed out in his comment, LR3 already HAS a blur button.  He shows exactly how it works right here.  High fives to Allen for that one.

________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  I've got to meet my class at 630 am in the hotel lobby.  Then we are finishing up our school for the rest of the day.  Plan to stop by tomorrow  for the much anticipated post, "Jailbreaking Lightroom 3 To Work On A Network".  See ya' then.

-David

Quote Of The Day:

“Never tell anyone what you can't do.  You'll only end up excusing your way to why the job didn't get done. Always show what you can do and do it. Then you can revel in the pride of your accomplishment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment