Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Elegant Afternoon"

Elegant Afternoon2

"Elegant Afternoon"
©David A. Ziser

I was commissioned to make this portrait by Inspire Magazine a few years ago.  The article was to honor the outstanding accomplishments of a select group of women in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. The challenge was that each of these ladies lead very busy lives and only had a few minutes in their day that could be allotted to having their portrait made. We worked quickly and professionally in each of the client’s home to accomplish the assignment.  Lighting was my 150 w.s. strobe at 1/8 power through a translucent umbrella (This was pre-Zumbrella days.) about 5 feet away from the subject. I balanced the strobe exposure with the daylight coming in the  back windows allowing the exterior foliage to be overexposed just a bit giving me a pleasant effect in the background. We worked quickly and completed the entire portrait session in about 15 minutes.  I captured a great image, the client loved it, and we finished in a minimum amount of time.  Camera specs:  Nikon D1x fitted with 18-35mm lens at 35mm, F 4.5 @ 1/100 second handheld, ISO 800. 

Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. It´s beatiful, I understand why she loves that one..=)

    I can even se all the details in her black outfit, something that I love.. =)

    I think I have to get a zumbrella sometime..=)

    ReplyDelete