Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Ecstasy of Love"

DAZ 1

"Ecstasy of  Love"
©David A. Ziser

OK, maybe the title is a bit over the top, but I’ve been up since 6 a.m. getting ready for class and preparing the DPT blog post ;~)

Here is the story on this image.  A few weeks ago we had wedding photographer, Matt McGraw [link]as a guest speaker at our Worldwide webcast [link].  I loved what Matt was doing with his lighting for his dramatic wedding photographs.  I thought I would give it a try.

I had the bride and groom strike this dramatic pose and light them from above with my strobe.  I was pretty close to them with the strobe so I could use a fairly small aperture which was my goal.  The small aperture and fast shutter speed darkened the sky to a very dramatic blue color which added to the effect I wanted for this image.

I’m happy with my first attempt at something different. It’s never too late, or too old, to try a new style or technique.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F 11 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. David,
    I'm not sure I understand the "small aperature and fast shutter speed" It seem like F11 @ 1/250 is about nornal for this outside image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I'm impressed as always see your photos. Especially your creative use of light - natural and flash. I'm a beginner wedding photographer from Poland (2 years) and I get a great inspiration from your experience. Now I've made many trials with wirelessly trigger ligh in outdoor sessions inspiring by your photos. Results are awesome, thanks for your advices and help on your blog.

    best regards from Poland
    Michael

    ReplyDelete