Thursday, November 18, 2010

"The Color Guard"

The Color Guard

"The Color Guard"
©David A. Ziser

This is an image I made in a most unusual location. While traveling back home from Boston through Amish Country in central Pennsylvania, during our CBTL tour,  suddenly we passed these very colorful Adirondack chairs – I’m talking the inexpensive plastic version, by the way.

Surrounded by all the fall colors, amidst horse drawn wagons, among the wheat covered fields were these CHAIRS in all their full blown color.  The dichotomy struck me as almost comical and I had to giggle. 

This is just a simple, fun composition of chairs, albeit colorful chairs, on a hillside in the country. But it is the rich, contrasting colors of the individual chairs that makes this image jump off the page. This is just an image that makes me smile.

Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 110mm, F10 @ 1/500 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. David, I totally agree with your appreciation of this image. It's just fun to look at. The colors can brighten a mood.

    ReplyDelete