Monday, December 13, 2010

"Wind Catcher"

0001-Wind Catcher-IMG_3171-Edit

"Wind Catcher"
©David A. Ziser

I know, I know - I've been blogging a lot of sunsets lately. Hey that's what happens when you travel 3,400 miles, mostly western bound. Anyway, in reviewing some of the images from our trip, this one popped out at me. 

It was made somewhere around Oklahoma.  The sun had been blinding us for about an hour when finally it dropped below the horizon and began it’s wonderful cinematic display of color.

I love the rich, deep color of the cloud formations serving as a beautiful backdrop to the windmill. I also like the way the windmill dominates the scene. I almost wish I had just a little more room at the top, but then again with the windmill overcrowding the scene, is seems to bring more power to the composition.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 70mm, F 7.1 @ 1/200 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,
    According to 9 to 5 Mac. Apple, to extend battery life for the iPad, reduced power output to the 30 pin connector from 100mA to 20mA in iOS 4.2. This has unfortunately rendered some USB connected devices useless (at least temporarily).
    Hope this helps,
    Robert Spanagel

    ReplyDelete