Friday, December 10, 2010

"Land’s End"

Land's EndIMG_4860

"Land’s End"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image yesterday evening as our catamaran began its turn around “Land’s End” – the tip of the Baja peninsula – from the Sea of Cortez into the Pacific Ocean.  The timing was perfect as I was able to catch the sun just before it final surrender to the sea. Hundreds of birds were flying around the rocks settling on a nesting location for the night.

The challenge was to get the exposure just right.  I wanted to capture the beauty of the sunset while still preserving detail in the shadows.  I thought I reached a happy balance in the image.

The sailing ship to the left side of the image was at the right place at the right time for this pretty cool sunset image.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm wide angle lens at 16mm, F 16 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment