Thursday, December 09, 2010

"The F Stops Here"

F StopDSCF0330

"The F Stops Here"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another of my favorite images I made walking the neighborhood while in Mexico. I love looking for abstract designs in common objects. The is a photograph of a condo development we walked passed yesterday. As I framed up the image, I truncated the black windows to the right side of the image. The white walls of the structure left behind looks like the letter "F".

Yes, I know other titles may come to mind, but please, not here at DPT ;~). Anyway, I still like the simple composition - the stark white against the blue sky and the heavy contrasts between the the whites and blacks - all the elements come together forming a cool abstract image of the urban landscape.

Camera specs: Fuji HS10 camera zoomed to 12.3 - 35mm camera equivalent; 72mm, F 7.1 @ 1/900 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Simple, graphic, elegant. Would also work well as a high contrast black and white. Nicely seen.

    ReplyDelete