Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Wire Gobbler"

Wire GobblerDSCF0354

"Wire Gobbler"
©David A. Ziser

I don't know if that's the best title in the world but it's the first one that popped into my mind. I love walking around this little community in San Jose. Every time we come down to visit it seems something new has been built.

That "something new" does not always mean more condos and hotels. In this case I'm referring to these really unusual geometric structures that, as you view them, seem to be there only for the visual edification of the passer-by that see them.

Their design is always so unusual and I love photographing them from every angle possible. We stumbled on this structure yesterday during our morning walk - I love it.

I caught the sun directly behind the "Wire Gobbler" which helps focus viewer's attention to the "gobbling" portion of the structure. The entire structure is bright white but by "fiddling" with the Curves panel in Lightroom, I was able to alter the contrast relationships in his image more to my liking. An easy slide of the Vibrancy slider to the right about 60% finished my composition. Hope you enjoy it.

Camera specs: Fuji HS10 camera (Yes, I'm still trying to like his camera) zoomed to 8mm or about 48mm - the 35mm equivalent - F 8.0 @ 1/950 second, ISO100. Enjoy! -David

1 comment: