Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Environmental Portraits – Part 2

Good Morning Everybody,

UpdatesI just wanted to mention that I’m working on a few DPT blog updates for you over these next few days.  Currently I’m showing the Top 10 posts for 2009 in the header above.  Watch for that to change over the next few days to reflect the Top 10 posts for 2010.  I think it will be a nice review of the year for all our DPT readers.

Also, I’ll be reviewing the Skribit widget suggestions from our readers.  I read every one of them and archive the ones I think speak to what we are doing at DPT.  That’s the quick update so let’s get on with today’s post.

Environmental Portraits – Part 2

Last week I walked you through 3 images and discussed what I was seeing in my mind’s eye as I composed those three images.  It was an exercise in “seeing”.  I think this is so important in good portrait photography, especially on-location portrait photography.

This week I’d like to do the same with three more images in three more locations.  Remember, these images were all made in the span of only about 20 minutes for each session.  Shooting that quickly means that you’ve got to get the shot organized quickly both for you and your clients.  Hit the PLAY button below and enjoy Environmental Portraits – Part 2

_______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today. Next week I’m going to select one of the sessions and walk you through the entire shoot.  I think you’ll find it interesting how we were able to create several great portraits in such a short amount of time.

Time for me to get back to work.  I’ll see ya’ soon, David

1 comment:

  1. I love the video. Thanks so much for posting it. It's very helpful to see the thought processes that were going on in the mind of the photographer, and I would love to see a lot more of these type of videos.

    ReplyDelete