Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crazy At Photoshop World

Good Morning Everybody,
Posting here at Photoshop is always a challenge – early morning wakeup calls and late evenings make it hard to post on a regular schedule.  Anyway, I'll still give it my best shot.
 
My LR3 Program For Wedding/Portrait Went Great!
I had a great crowd at my program last evening – thanks to all for the very nice remarks.  My program centered around how Lightroom can be best used for Wedding and Portrait photographers.  While not ALL Lightroom’s features are a good fit for weddings/portraits, some are absolutely wonderful.
 
DAZ LR3 ProgramI showed a few retouching tips and tricks along with several image enhancing features too.  We even talked about “jail breaking” Lightroom to work on a network too. I thought the program went well – it seemed the audience like it too.
 
BEC1Rockin’ On At B.B. Kings
My late program made us late for the Peachpit party, but right on time for the After Hours party held at B.B. Kings, which started at 8:00 p.m.
 
BEC2
The Big Electric Cat band brought down the house once again with Scott Kelby and his wife, Kelebra, rockin’ on with TBEC3ony, Felix, and Mike.  The sad news - I hear that last night was the band’s last performance – we’ll have to see in Las Vegas in the Fall.
 
Interviewing Bert Monroy Today
If you haven’t heard, Bert Monroy completed his opus digital painting, “Times Square” this year.  It is on display in the Tech Expo here in Orlando.  His masterpiece is an astonishing accomplishment. Click on the image or right here for the complete background story.

Times Square Bert
This is the largest image Bert have ever created, pushing the boundaries of the software and hardware as far as they can go. It was unveiled at the Photo Plus Expo in New York on October 28, 2010 as a work in progress. A 25 foot light box was constructed to display the piece that has been printed on a new material being introduced by Epson.

• The image size is 60 inches by 300 inches.
• The flattened file weighs in at 6.52 Gigabytes.
• It took four years to create.
• The painting is comprised of almost three thousand individual Photoshop and Illustrator files.
• Taking a cumulative total of all the files, the overall image contains over 500,000 layers.

WOW!!!

Burt has agreed to meet with me at noon to discuss the process and evolution of the finished work.  It should be a fascinating  visit.  He has agreed to let me video the interview, too – I hope I can get it up on DPT tomorrow.
___________________________________________________
Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  I've got to run – I hooking up with Bert in about an hour.  Hope to see you tomorrow with the interview.

See ya’ then,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment