Wednesday, March 09, 2011

”Global Warming Fact or Myth?”

Global Warming -IMG_9432-Edit

”Global Warming - Fact or Myth?”
©David A. Ziser

I made this image on our return from the Professional Photographers of Indiana this past weekend.  We were just making our approach to the I-275 ramp to cross the bridge into Kentucky.  In the distance I saw the Tanner’s Creek Generating Station doing what it does best – filling the skies with steam and who knows what else.

The water soaked atmosphere kept the plant’s exhaust close to the ground stretching across the landscape.  The backdrop of the thick rain clouds created a quite ominous scene.

I grabbed the camera and LaDawn grabbed the steering wheel, not in that order, and I captured a few shots.  A quick trip into Lightroom and Photoshop to modify the tonalities finished the result.

Want a little back story on the Tanner’s Creek Generating Station? This plant was ranked 67th on the United States list of dirtiest power plants in terms of sulphur dioxide emissions per megawatt-hour of electrical energy produced in 2006. YUCK.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 70mm, F11 @ 1/500 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

p.s. Since I accidentally deleted the post, the comments unfortunately went with it.  I’ll see what I can do to find them.  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment