Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Heading Home"

"Heading Home"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image while on a visit to Tampa, Florida. Since we’re heading back that way tomorrow, I thought I’d make it our image post for today.  The sun had just set a few moments earlier and was working it's evening magic on the sky. I find it intriguing that people walk away from a sunset long before the show is over. I love how the sky takes on its deep azure blue color just before the stars began to appear.

As I was watching this sunset's final chapter, I noticed a fisherman packing up his gear and started heading home. I thought I missed the shot because I was hoping to have him framed right where the sun had set (in the left third of the image.) Nevertheless, I kept shooting.

Now looking at the image, I believe he ended up in the perfect position slightly right and heading out of the frame. This illustrates even more that he is indeed was heading out of the sun's light into the evening's dusk, to home, to rest, to relax, as I hope all of get to do today.

Camera specs: Canon 40D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens at 50mm, F5.6 @ 1/200 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo Dave.
    I was taught to leave room in front of the subject when composing a shot but your explanation for doing the oposite made a lot of sense and It worked well for this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see your photos in my RRS reader. I love your wedding photography and thought that your vacation photos were pretty good. But this shot is phenomenal. Thanks for all that you do for us wannabees!

    ReplyDelete