Friday, March 11, 2011

Light Blog Post Friday: Lightroom 3.4 Almost Out; Akron Photo Series; & The Grid

Good Morning Everybody,

Bear and Fish - Fotolia_14912627_Subscription_L[1] Sorry for the super late post yesterday – let’s just say the “bear got me”  including the fact that I accidentally deleted Wednesday’s image of the day post.  Grrrr… said the bear - I felt like the salmon ;~). Anyway, I’ve got it reposted and all should be back to normal today.

Hey, today is supposed to be super light blog post Friday but I’ve got a few items that have caught my eye.  Here we go.

Light Post Friday Tidbits:

Lightroom 3.4 Almost Out

Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 are now available as Release Candidates on Adobe Labs.  Read the entire story and what’s new over at Tom Hogarty ’s blog right here.

Check Out The Akron Photo Series

Akron Photo Series I was talking with my buddy, Skip Cohen, of Skip’s Summer School and the discussion turned to his Akron Photo Series.  I finally checked it out . WOW! What a line up of speakers – past, present, and upcoming.  Eddie Tapp in March, Julianne Kost in April, Jerry Ghionis in June! Here is the link to the info.

Have You Checked Out The GRID

GRID logo I just watched Kelby Training’s brand new offering, The Grid, a 30 minute talk show that discusses topics related to Photography, Photoshop, and the photo industry in general.  The first episode featured guest photographer Jeremy Cowart along with Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski.

The fascinatingly discussed topic – Facebook vs. Twitter for photographers – very interesting insights into social media.  What I liked about the format was the fact that I could play it in the background while working, for example, on my blog as I’m doing right now.

I could go on and on but instead tune in to the premiere episode right here – pretty cool listen. High Fives guys!!!

________________________________________________________

PPO Bridal Pic Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  We are headed out early to Sandusky, OH to attend the Professional Photographers of Ohio convention this weekend. This is always a great place to see inspiring images and a talented list of presentations. Here is the link to the PPO Convention.  If you plan to attend, please come on up and say HI.

See ya’ there,  David

1 comment:

  1. O man I am really appreciate you and Keep a good work man!

    ReplyDelete