Tuesday, March 15, 2011

”Quiet Beauty”

Quiet Beauty2

”Quiet Beauty”
©David A. Ziser

Is this a pretty photograph or what? Totally uncomplicated to produce with a stunning result.  I made this image a few years ago as part of a Kelby Training video.  We were working, as often wedding photographers find themselves, in a not so good looking space in the back of the church.  I knew I needed to disguise the background and make it blur into a non-descript setting for this image. 

I put the longest lens I had in my gear bag on my Canon 40D, racked it out to it’s full focal length, cropped tight, and shot away.  The background was just a small, narrow wall in the back corner of the church.  The long lens compression made the small area work just fine for this image.

Lighting was completely natural light coming in from a large window camera left.  I just orientated the bride’s face to the light to create the soft loop lighting on her face.  The natural ambient light gave me just the right amount of fill illumination for a perfect contrast lighting ratio on my subject.

We ended up with a simply executed, elegant portrait of the bride.

Camera specs:  Canon 40 D fitted with 70-300 IS lens at 300mm, F5.6 @ 1/25 second (handheld), ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment