Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Pipe Dreams: Stretching, Bending, and Pulling The Pixels

Good Afternoon Everybody,

I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel yesterday, but in reality it turned out to be a freight train coming right at me.  I think things are a bit more under control today - but who knows, I don’t even want to look over my shoulder today ;~)

That said, I better get on with today’s post.  A few things first though.  A lot of folks have been asking about a re-broadcast of last week’s webcast, “Social Media Marketing: Do It Or Die”.  I’m hoping to have that on-line for tomorrow’s post so look for it then.

600x170px- Digital ProTalk Webcast Series

Secondly, continuing with our DPT webcast series, we’re planning another new FREE webcast, “Photoshop Fashion for Wedding and Portrait Photographers” next week, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. EST or 1:00 p.m. PST.  You can get more info on the webcast and register right here.

And lastly, I just want to give you a “heads up” about my upcoming workshop entitled “Make Your Lighting Exciting” in Oldsmar Florida at the Dave Cross Workshops [link].  It’s coming up on October 17, 2011 and limited to only 25 participants. I hope to see you there.

OK, time to get moving with today’s post – here we go.

Pipe Dreams: Stretching, Bending, and Pulling The Pixels

Plum Street Pipe OrganLast week I ran a photograph of a famous pipe organ installed and renovated in Cincinnati, Ohio. [link] I loved the image but I also posted the “before” image too.  The “before” image was a far cry from the final posted image.  That caused a lot of readers to ask me if I could do a quick tutorial on how I arrived at the final result.

Pipe dreams beforeI agreed, I thought it would make a cool Technique Tuesday for us.  On seeing the “before” image, you may just think it’s a quick fix in Lightroom 3, but that is not the case.  You can get a good start in Lightroom 3, but the “finish work” has to be completed in Photoshop.  Why not hit the PLAY button below and see how I got to the final result.  Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  Enjoy the tutorial and I’ll see you again tomorrow. Oh, and don’t forget to check out my Captured By The Light: California 2011 [link] coming your way in just a few weeks.

See ya’ tomorrow,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment