Monday, October 17, 2011

"Surrounded By Beauty"

Beautiful-Surrounds-49415

"Surrounded By Beauty"
© David A. Ziser

This is one of my favorite images from last week’s shoot.  I was shooting with my Canon 5D Mark II, a camera I haven’t been shooting with much lately.  I loaded it up with my Sigma fisheye and framed up the shot.

I was careful that Rebecca, our model, stand slightly behind the mosaic  on the floor.  Compositionally I wanted the mosaic to balance with the church dome above Rebecca’s head.

All the curved lines of the arches all around do a great job of concentrating viewer’s attention directly to the bride. The composition is completely symmetrical but I think it really works in the context of the field of view of the fisheye lens.

Lighting was balanced with the ambient and was coming in from camera right.  I remember needing to ask my assistant to move around even more to keep the light out of the image area. The fisheye lens is reeeaaaly wide! The 24x36 inch print I printed out for the class looked beautiful.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark II fitted with Sigma 8mm Fisheye lens F5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 1250.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment