Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Napa Update; and Getting The Perfect Portrait Every Time

Good Morning Everybody,

Napa2We kicked off my Napa Experience Workshop yesterday in Wine Country and wrapped last night about 9:30 p.m.  That made for a long day as usual but we captured some terrific images.  I have to tell you, it was quick the kick to be shooting in some of the top wineries in the world.

We headed over to Napa arriving for a  quick lunch at V. Sattui Winery, a Napa winery celebrating it’s 125 anniversary in the area.  Years ago on a trip to Napa, V. Sattui was the first winery I ever visited.  It was nice to be back there again.

V. Sattui was gracious enough to let us spend the afternoon roaming their beautiful grounds.

Later we headed down the road and finished up the afternoon and evening photographing on location at the very beautiful 135 year old Beringer Winery.  The Beringer Winery was a real joy in which to photograph.  We photographed till dark and could have stayed much longer.

Napa1Today we head up to Jacuzzi Winery and Chateau St Jean in Sonoma valley for the day.  I can’t wait!

Only A Few Seats Left For My Captured By The Light Tour Tomorrow Night

That’s right, we are nearly sold out for our CBTL program at Rohnert Park tomorrow evening.  Our meeting room has seating for 150 attendees and we only have about 15 seats available.  If you want to grab one before they’re sold out, you better jump on it quick. You can still REGISTER RIGHT HERE!

CBTL Web LogoWe’re giving away $3,000 worth of door prizes and a complete video recording of the entire program  Seminars don’t get any better than that.  I liked what I read in an email from one of our attendees in Brea, CA,  “Wow!  I won one of the big door prizes and you gave us 5 DVDs of the entire program.  It’s like you paid ME to show up!”

People are loving the program – hopefully you’ll be able to join us tomorrow evening. 

Technique Tuesday: Getting The Perfect Portrait Every Time

Hey gang, I’ve been working on a pretty cool tutorial for my Technique Tuesday post but time just ran out to get it up today.  I could have rushed it but didn’t want to.  So, for this week I’m going to share one of our most popular videos with you from a few months ago.

I’ve mentioned Kent and Sarah Smith here at DigitalProTalk.com many times in the past.  Kent and Sarah operate one of the most successful studios in the country – yes, they are one of those very few $1,000,000 studios, actually tracking for 1.1 Mil this year.  Needless to say, they know what they are doing both photographically and business-wise.

Wouldn't it be great to know how to get perfect portraits every time, portraits that guarantee perfect expressions on everyone including the children? Check out this portrait tutorial with my friends, Kent and Sarah Smith, two of the most talented portrait photographers working today, to see how simply and easily they make that perfect portrait session happen every time.  Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  Class begins shortly and I’ve got to run.  How about I see everybody bright and early again tomorrow.  Have a great rest of the day.

- David

4 comments:

  1. That was great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that was really nice and informative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great family portrait tip. Just in time for a family portrait I have to do next week.

    ReplyDelete