Friday, November 04, 2011

"Afternoon At Cathedral Rock"

Cathedral Rock

"Afternoon At Cathedral Rock"
©David A. Ziser

This image was taken a few years ago on a trip to Sedona, AZ. The scenery, colors, geography, and rocks are just beautiful to see.   Since we are spending time again in Sedona this week, I thought I would re-visit this image that I made on that earlier visit.

This image is one of the iconic locations from the Sedona area, Cathedral Rock.  This image was taken downstream of Cathedral Rock. It was taken in the late afternoon/early evening. The light was beautiful. The blue sky and white clouds reflecting in the calm waters added the azure peacefulness to the scene.

I also love this very wide angle view.  My low vantage point accentuated the stream foreground and contrasted beautifully with the red rocks in the background.  We have this image hanging in our home along with a many other images from Sedona.  It’s a great way to remember this beautiful part of America.

Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 12-24mm Sigma lens at 12mm, F9.0 @ 1/125 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! –David

____________________________________________

Hey gang, I’m cutting it short today.  We’ve got another super busy morning today and I promised LaDawn the rest of the day off after we wrap up our business here in the area.

It’s back to Northern KY on Sunday morning and I have to say, even with the great experiences we’ve had these past three weeks, it will be good to get home cold weather or not.

How about everybody have a wonderful weekend and I’ll plan to see you Monday morning.

Till then,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment