Friday, November 11, 2011

"Frosty Desert Morn"

0001 - Frosty Desert Morn-2284

"Frosty Desert Morn"
© David A. Ziser

This is an image I made during our Sedona, AZ trip last week.  It was just about a week ago when the weather service forecasted  snow for the first time of the year in the Sedona area. We awoke to a very foggy morning with the clouds just beginning to clear.  About 45 minutes later the sun began to peak through the clouds casting it's rays onto the distant hills.

What’s cool about this image is how one large cloud, which I’ve cropped out completely, shadowed the rocks in the mid-ground area of the image leaving them as a silhouette.  If you look closely at the bottom of the image, you’ll see that the trees in the foreground just beginning to receive some of the morning sunlight.

I think that’s what I like best about this composition – I like seeing just the mostly snow covered mountains which otherwise would have been the bright red rock.  Anyway, what can I say, our room had quite a view ;~)

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 100mm, F10 @ 1/500 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment