Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Soft Curves of Beauty"

Soft Curves of beauty-3077

"Soft Curves of Beauty"
© David A. Ziser

OK, I agree, the title may not be the best in the world but it’s the first one that popped into my mind when I viewed the image.  It’s like “curves, curves everywhere. And each one of those curves leads the viewer’s eye right back to our lovely bride. Of course, that was the idea when I composed the image.

I did crop the image in from the right just a bit because the flash really lit up the wall to the bride’s right and was quite a distraction within the image.  I also added a slight LR4 gradient from the left and right to tone down those areas of the image to once more bring the viewer’s eye to my subject.

Lighting was very simple.  I positioned my Quantum flash just out of camera range - camera right to give me the perfect loop lighting pattern on my bride’s face. Next I adjusted the power to 1/4 power through my Zumbrella, balanced the flash with the ambient, and shot away.  I think the result is a nice portrait of our beautiful young lady.

Camera specs: canon 5D Mark II fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens at 12nn, F5.6 @ 1/10 second (handheld), ISO 2500.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a good title... got my attention. Great image as well. Thanks David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to see you shoot this type of shot with something like a 24.1.4 at 1.4 instead of the sigma at 5.6. Good shot David!

    ReplyDelete