Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Architectural Beauty”

Architectural Beauty

"Architectural Beauty”
©David A. Ziser

Here is one of the last images I captured while at the church last week for my Master Class.  It is also one of my favorites. Look how the architecture swirls around the bride framing up her beautiful face.  I’ve positioned her in the bottom right quadrant of the frame which balances the image nicely with the rest of the space in the frame.

Not only are the colors pleasing, but the lighting on her face is really beautiful too. The lighting  was created with my Quantum strobe shooting through my Zumbrella giving the perfect and most flattering loop lighting on her face.

Two things surprise me about this image.  The first is the lack of severe distortion in my bride.  I thought I would have seen more, especially at the edges.  I’ll experiment more with the lens next week and see what happens.

The other even more amazing thing about this image was the quality of the the 24x36 inch print I printed.  I inadvertently selected the JPG file instead of the RAW file to print but the finished image was out of this world – sharp and clear. Now for the real question; “Does everything need to be photographed at full resolution?”  More later on that remark.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Canon 8-15mm Fisheye at 15mm, F5.6 @ 1/30 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment