Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Reflections Of Love”

Reflections Of Love

"Reflections Of Love”
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made in Washington D.C. a few weeks ago.  What you see here is one of those special moments that come along every now and then.  We were between locations on my shoot when I looked over at the bride and saw the beautiful natural light falling on her face from an open doorway – it was gorgeous!

I asked her not to move and then adjusted her position slightly to get the most flattering view of her.  The trickier part was getting her positioned against the background properly. I wanted no distractions behind her beautiful profile.  I carefully positioned her profile against the pillar you see much further back in the setting.  That pillar’s surface offered an clean background for our bride’s lovely face.

Background selection is where a lot of photographers fall short of the mark.  They see the beautiful lighting but lose focus on the background and end up having things growing out of the bride’s head and don’t realize it till they’re back at their computer and download the images.

You can see in this image that the lighting is a perfect loop lighting for the profile view of the face.  Should I have asked the bride to look back at me?  I think not – doing so would have compromised the lighting severely for this image.  It looks just beautiful just the way it is.

Camera specs:  Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 105mm, F4.0 @ 1/25 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment