Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Creating Cool Slide Shows Part 1: Making The Images Look Good!

Good Afternoon Everybody,

I can't believe it's already after five o'clock this afternoon and I'm just getting to the blog post.  It has been quite a busy day getting things queued up for the Photo Pro Network Summer School happening this weekend in Louisville, Kentucky. Unfortunately, I've been behind the eight ball for most of the day with a super busy schedule. I still wanted to get the blog post up as promised and then I need to get back to my day job.  Here we go.

Creating Cool Slide Shows Part 1:  Making The Images Look Good!

I had planned for today's post to cover any and all aspects of creating a slide show for your client for the wedding day presentation but, once I got underway, I found out that it was going to go much longer than expected. So, what I plan to do is break the post into two parts. I'll get part 1 up today and then I'll get part two posted in the next few days.

I mentioned in Monday's post, when creating slide shows for our clients, many times we have to use of photographs that the clients have on hand.  The quality of these photographs can range from quite good to the far other end of the spectrum - you get my meaning here. What I want to do in today's video is walk you through some of the Lightroom 4 techniques that I use to bring out the best in all the photographs  that I've copied.  I discovered by using the full range of tonal controls in Lightroom 4 I'm able to resurrect a decent quality image, most of the time, with the procedures I'll discuss today.

Check out the video below to see what I'm talking about.

That wraps Part 1 of the process. I'll plan to get the second part completed just as soon as I can. In the second installment I'll discuss how we lay out the images, how I create the title slides, and how we present a slide show to my clients at their event. I sure hope you'll tune in.

_________________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today. I am way behind schedule today and I need to run. Have a great rest of the day and I'll plan to see everybody soon.

Adios, David

No comments:

Post a Comment