Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Love Is Blue"

Love Is Blue

"Love Is Blue"
© David A. Ziser

This is one of my favorite images from the wedding we photographed in upper Michigan a few weeks ago.  Things were rushed as usual, but the bride was taking it easy for a few moments before we were to begin the group portraits.

I noticed that the window light from camera left was falling on her face ever so beautifully giving me that perfect and most flattering dimensional loop lighting that I love. Also, I notice how the light coming in from the front door camera right gave me the beautiful accent light on the back of the bride’s hair and neck – a perfect separation light.  My camera had my super wide Sigma 12-24mm lens attached so I just went with it. 

First of all, look at all the turquoise colors in the scene and also notice how those vibrant colors are arranged around the scene in a perfect balance to create a “frame of color” around our beautiful subject.  It’s the bride’s special “weekend bouquet’ to the right balancing the painting on the back wall on the left that add the visual excitement to this image.

Notice too how the line of the bride;s gown leads your eye right up to the bride’s beauty face.  This is a simple, yet very elegant portrait of our lovely bride.  In spite of how wedding styles have changed over the years, I still believe this style of  imagery carries a certain lasting beauty to it.  My clients sure love it!

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens at 20mm, F9.0 at 1/100 second, ISO 3200.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment: