Tuesday, April 09, 2013

”Stop and Smell The Roses"

JAn 2013 Calendar

”Stop and Smell The Roses"
©David A. Ziser

This image is from our 2013 calendar LaDawn designed for several of our family and friends this past Christmas.  I know I may have posted this image earlier this year but I wanted to put it out there again because the sentiment the verse describes is what most of us need to remember more often these days, me included. 

Life is too short and too many of us go through life missing too many of those special moments. Even when I started my business many years ago, I always tried to “stop and smell the roses.” But then as one advances in career and success, those moments become even more fleeting and often more difficult to find. I’m working harder each day on changing that situation for me.

Life comes at us a million-miles-an-hour and sometimes the days can seem overwhelming.  It’s during those overwhelming moments that sometimes the best solution is to just pause.  But, you need to pause long enough.  If you do, you may pick up that faint wonderful aroma of “roses” in the air.  And, that pause you have just taken may be the most refreshing moment of your day. Ahhhhhhh……Food for thought.

Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28-300mm lens at 42mm, F10 @ 1/250 second, ISO 1200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment